Oxbridge Guardians work with Host Families across the UK, of both a short-term and long-term nature. We place students of a range of ages, and will work with families to ensure it’s the best possible match.
Have you considered
Frequently asked questions
We understand that hosting a student involves the whole family, and so we’ve placed some FAQs below. For further information, please click: here
We want every student and every host family to be fully satisfied with their homestay arrangement, and we work hard to find the perfect match for both student and host. Our team will keep in close contact with you regarding availability of students, and we’ll do our best to accommodate any special requests.
We ask that our families hosting students with us provide each student with;
- A warm and friendly welcome.
- A clean, comfortable, well-lit room, with sufficient heating, ventilation, natural light, storage for clothes and use of a table or desk.
- Meals – Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (unless otherwise stated at time of booking)
- Bed linen and towels which should be cleaned by the homestay provider on a weekly basis.
- Regular access to the bathroom as per a member of your family.
- A key or access to your home at any time.
- Other requirements dependent on the age of the student
Oxbridge staff will be with you every step of the way when hosting students: helping you select the student that best fits your family; guiding you through your student’s transition to thier new country; introducing you to other families in your community; and organising option fun excursions. You can be absolutley certain that when you host international students with Oxbridge, our staff is always available for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via a special emergency number.
All of our families who host international students receive monetary compensation for hosting a student with Oxbridge. This sum is meant to support your family with the weekly costs of hosting foreign students.
Safer recruitment of host families is key for us to ensure our students and families have an excellent time. This includes;
- Initial application
- Home Visit
- Enhanced DBS (for all aged 16 and above in the home)
- 2 x references
- Gas Safety, Home Insurance each year
- Annual Updates
- Safeguarding training
Become a host family
For more information about becoming a Host Family with us, please call 0208 4323457, or submit an application below.